Tuesday, February 3, 2009

LYT success!

Loving our technology, is not always about just that. It's about leaving technology in its place. Loving it enough to not abuse it. Use it when you can and it works and don't when you don't. Perfect example:

I spoke with a new client today. I was simply trying to make sense of what she needed. She was mentioning marketing and hiring a person and invoices she was scanning. I actually got very confused. As I began to clarify, she stopped me and talked to someone in the room for a moment then came back. I had given her an idea. A way to fix an issue she was having. I'm sure I didn't know what she had just figured out. I was simply asking questions. I barely said much. Apparently, she needed to get the customer information from about 750 invoices into some form of electronic data. She had no idea what she was going to do. I mentioned that she should simply have someone type them into a spreadsheet manually. It shouldn't take more than a weekend. She was already off having it implemented by her idle receptionist. Well, that was solved. Now I am going to go meet her at her offices and discuss what is really going on.

Love Your Technology: don't abuse it. Keep it simple.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Usually the simplest solutions are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey check out this link for indie business advice, she usually has good info.

    http://indieceo.blogspot.com/2009/02/if-you-havent-told-them-57-times-you.html?showComment=1233794100000#c5295508537400467222

    ReplyDelete